Fact: Do you know that losing weight week after week is as simple as cutting 500 calories from your caloric intake?
True, 500 calories may not seem much, but is just what you need for your ticket to successful shedding of the pounds. We now share 10 of the best ways to do just that without making you feel deprived or obsessed with counting calories. This is weight loss as it should be; no frills, no added drama, just the truth.
1. Swap one food for another. For example, go whole milk instead of skim, and you’ll be saving yourself 70 calories.
2. Portion control. Use smaller plates and utensils when eating. Your brain won’t know the difference, and you’ll be saving yourself from unwanted calories more effectively.
3. Chew your food. Slow down when eating. Put your fork and spoon down after every bite, and chew each morsel of food at least 20 times before swallowing.
4. Walk when you can. Try walking regularly, just up and down the stairs or while going out for lunch. You’ll burn calories without even hitting the gym.
5. Stand up more. Did you know that you can burn up to more than 500 calories when you choose to stand instead of sitting down? Stand up and walk around as you take a phone call, or while reading a report.
6. Drink water. Drinking at least 8 eight ounce glasses of water daily helps you boost your body’s metabolism into perfect fat-burning conditions.
7. Run some errands. Who says doing chores is boring? Make them your exercise routine. Do some gardening and volunteer to unload the groceries. You’ll be buning close to 600 calories when you do them regularly.
8. Switch up your exercise plan. If you’re already doing a fitness workout, try to liven them up by switching from cardio to weight lifting. The variety helps ensure you don’t get exercise fatigue, and guarantes to increase your calorie burn up to three times.
9. Change the recipe of your sweets. Don’t deprive yourself of your favorite treats. Instead, allow yourself to indulge, but practice control and if possible, chose healthier substitutes to satisfy your sweet tooth.
10. Sleep in. Studies have revealed that individuals who get less than 6 hours of sleep everyday tend to gain weight faster, because lack of sleep triggers the production of ghrelin, the hunger hormone.