As for food, half of my friends, have dug their graves with their teeth.~Chauncey M. Depew
There are lots of healthy foods to eat, but some of them are healthier than others. Here is a list of 10 health foods to eat each week if you want to strengthen your health and maybe even lose some weight:
1) Kiwi: by eating kiwi you will keep your eyes healthy and in peak condition. Because of their high contents of lutein, by eating kiwi fruits regularly you help prevent the loss of your muscle mass. From kiwi you will also get lots of vitamin C, dietary fibers and potassium.
2) Almonds: they are a great healthy snack that also helps you get rid of stress. Almonds contain lots of vitamin B2 and vitamin E, magnesium and zinc. As you know, vitamin C and vitamin E are powerful antioxidants that help reduce the number of free radicals wreaking havoc through your body.
3) Carrots: they are filled with beta carotene, a form of vitamin A that is especially skilled at taking out free radicals. Carrots get their color from the beta carotene found in them, so you can imagine how much they have.
4) Low fat milk: studies have shown that by drinking 1 glass of milk after each workout, you help your muscles get repaired and strengthened. By drinking low fat milk you also give your body lots of calcium, much needed by your bones. From milk your body also gets vitamin D, essential in the process of absorbing calcium.
5) Apples: whit their low glycemic index, apples are a dieters best friend. They make you feel full while at the same time giving your body a much needed dose of vitamin C and dietary fibers.
6) Tomatoes: they contain lots of lycopene, a healthy substance that is known to help us fight cancer and cancer cells. From tomatoes you will also get lots of vitamin A, vitamin C and vitamin E.
7) Broccoli: form broccoli your body gets a hefty dose of antioxidants, especially vitamin A and vitamin C. Broccoli also contains lots of fibers, potassium and calcium.
Make sure you include these 7 healthy foods to eat in your weekly meal plan and your body will only stand to become more healthy.