What We Like
- The meal program is scientifically sound and supervised by a board certified bariatric physician
- Weekly meal customization is fairly easy and accommodates taste preferences and favorite foods
- Website features quality health-related articles and easy to navigate product support
What We Don’t Like
- All meal orders are recurring and continue unless cancelled by a specific deadline
- Although it was designed with diabetic patients in mind, the program does not offer gender-specific or disease specific diet plans
- Lacks an emphasis on exercise/physical activity
How BistroMD Works
BistroMD is a low-calorie, meal delivery diet program that targets insulin resistance and the Metabolic Syndrome to retrain your body to lose weight.Meals and daily menus are designed to provide a balanced combination of protein, carbohydrates, fat, fiber, and other vital nutrientsto promote healthy weight loss.
Dieters choose from 5- or 7-day plans with or without snacks included. Menus rotate weekly for variety and a varying daily calorie count (from 1,100 to 1,400 calories) helps prevent common diet plateaus. BistroMD meals are delivered weekly via FedEx Ground and require just heating in the microwave.
Unlike other meal delivery diet programs that feature snacks in the form of “goodies” like chocolate bars and other rich desserts, BistroMD offers protein-based snacks designed to keep blood sugar levels stable and curb food cravings. This makes the eventual transition from BistroMD meals to your own shopping and cooking a bit easier and a lot more realistic.
With their order, BistroMD subscribers also gain access to newsletters, health blogs and videos,as well as free online and telephone support from registered dietitians.
What The Experts Say About BistroMD
- Balance and portion control—BistroMD follows many of the same nutritional guidelines outlined by the USDA’s new “My Plate” food guidelines issued in 2011. BistroMD in the News.
- BistroMD Sport— BistroMD Sport offers weight loss meals that cater to every fitness level. 2010 Major League Soccer All-Star Heath Pearce serves as a spokesman for BistroMD Sport meals. Heath Pearce.com.
- Nutritional support and great taste—Highlighting BistroMD’s large portions and impressive taste in a comparison of popular meal delivery companies, Health magazine named BistroMD “Best Diet Support”. Health magazine story.
- Endorsed by Dr. Phil—Psychologist and talk-show host Phil McGraw, PhD, is the author ofThe Ultimate Weight Solution: The 7 Keys to Weight Loss Freedomand frequently calls on BistroMD to help overweight and obese individuals begin on the road to better health. Dr. Phil Show 2008.
Tips for Success
- Select the Work Week Plan (with or without snacks) if you know that you’ll be eating out 1 or 2 days of the week
- Rather than avoiding a meal or a snack completely, just eat a portion until you feel satisfied; this will help keep your metabolism level where it needs to be
- Avoid fruit juices due to the high sugar content
- A BistroMD dietitian will help you customize your meal plan around any food preferences, restrictions, health concerns, food allergies, or religious preferences
- The BistroMD plan recommends drinking a minimum of 64 ounces (8 glasses) of water each day
Save Money on BistroMD
ShedYourWeight.com continually monitorsBistroMD promotions to bring you valuable, money saving coupons as soon as they’re available.Offers change and they sometimes expire quickly. Be sure to take advantage of the deals you find here before they’re gone.
- Get Free Shipping on your First Week’s Order a $24.95 value at BistroMD.com. Use Coupon Code: FreeShipping2012
- Turn heads at the Beach this Summer. Get $25 off BistroMD with coupon code: GetSummerFit Expires:09-29-2012
Advertising Partner of BistroMD
Looking to compare diet plans? ShedYourWeight.com is your source for reliable information. We’ve conducted thorough fact-based reviews of the most popular diet plans in the country. Read more diet plan reviews here.