What We Like
- Meal plans meet the dietary guidelines of several major health organizations including the American Dietetic Association, American Diabetes Association, and the American Cancer Society
- Diet to Go meals are prepared “in-house” in a regularly inspected, quality-controlled facility
- A 100% satisfaction guarantee promises that if you are dissatisfied with your order or Diet to Go service, they will make it right or refund your money
What We Don’t Like
- Daily and weekly prices are quite a bit higher than comparable meal delivery diet plans
- Diet to Go does not assist dieters with incorporating physical activity to reach weight loss goals, nor does it offer important support services such as access to dietitians and community forums
- Nutrition and other menu details are only available online which may present a problem for those with food allergies or sensitivities
How Diet to Go Works
Diet to Go is a meal plan delivery service that provides a sustainable, common sense approach to healthy eating based on smart food choices and portion control. Diet to Go offers a number of pre-packaged meal plans including low-carb, low-fat, and low-fat vegetarian diets.
Daily 1,200 and 1,600 calories options are available in either 5 day or 7 day per week plans. Dieters choose breakfast, lunch and dinner meals or can opt to receive lunch and dinner meals only. All meal plans are pre-selected, but can be customized to accommodate food allergies and sensitivities. Prices vary accordingly.
All meals are flash-frozen and delivered weekly. Upon payment, orders are shipped the following Monday and normally arrive within three days. Food orders renew automatically each week and can be stopped by calling Diet to Go customer service line.
Diet-to-Go also services over 200 active pickup centers in select locations in the Washington DC Metro area including Northern Virginia and Suburban Maryland, Baltimore area, Greater Philadelphia including South New Jersey, and the San Francisco Bay area.
What The Experts Say About Diet to Go
- Diet to Go taste wins out—In a blind taste test, the editors at Epicurious.com compared the flavor, consistency, and appearance of eight types of poultry-based diet delivery dinner entrées. Diet to Go ranked number one, scoring 3 ½ forks according to the Epicurious four-fork rating system (four being best). Epicurious.com 2011.
- Lower in sodium—In response to both the Food and Drug Administration recommendations and customer request, Diet to Go has trimmed the sodium content of its meals. Although the low-fat and vegetarian meals have always met sodium guidelines, they now contain even less salt. PR Web 2010.
- Nutrition advice in a variety of formats—Board-certified Licensed Nutritionist and professionally-trained chef Monica Reinagel (The Nutrition Diva) has partnered with Diet to Go to provide dieters with podcasts, informational blogs, and questions and answers about healthy eating. Read more here.
Tips for Success
- The refrigerated shelf life Diet to Go meals is approximately 5-6 days; they can be kept in the freezer for up to 1 month
- If the frequency of your meal delivery becomes problematic, contact a Diet to Go Customer Service representative to adjust your shipping schedule
- Diet to Go recommends drinking two glasses of skim milk and 6-8 glasses of water each day
- Snack recommendations for dieters on the Low-Carb plan include string cheese, sliced or cubed cheddar cheese, eggs, and sugar-free Jell-O
- Exercise will help you lose weight faster while giving you energy and helping your body retain lean muscle
Save Money on Diet to Go
ShedYourWeight.com continually monitors Diet to Go promotions to bring you valuable, money saving coupons as soon as they’re available. Offers change and they sometimes expire quickly. Be sure to take advantage of the deals you find here before they’re gone.
- 25% Off $75 Minimum Order –Coupon Code: NEWYEAR25
- $20 Off First Order – Coupon Code: CJ2000
- Save 15% on Any Order Size – Coupon Code: CJ15P
Looking to compare diet plans? ShedYourWeight.com is your source for reliable information. We’ve conducted thorough fact-based reviews of the most popular diet plans in the country. Read more diet plan reviews here.