What We Like
- A personalized diet recommendation is free and quick and takes important food and lifestyle preferences into account
- Meal delivery menus are highly customizable with more than 100 different food choices
- eDiet home delivery meals are freshly prepared and delivered fresh, not frozen
What We Don’t Like
- With separate pricing for diet plans, fitness plans, and recipe access, membership costs can quickly add up
- You must register with a credit card and provide personal information in order to access pricing information and menus
- The eDiets website is supported by third party advertisers which can be distracting and may pose conflicts of interest when it comes to diet plan recommendations
How eDiets Works
eDiets is an online website portal designed to help people find the diet plan that will work best given individual preferences and weight loss goals. With approximately twenty different diet plans, eDiets is a quarterly paid, subscription-based service.
A membership subscription entitles dieters to a number of services including customized diet and meal plans, shopping lists, recipes, email assistance, and access to online tools and calculators for weight management.
eDiets plans fall into two primary categories: meal delivery plans or online diet plans. For meal delivery plans, dieters choose a 5-day or 7-day plan that includes breakfast, lunch, dinner and a snack. Online programs are personalized according to an individual’s weight goals and food and cooking preferences. Both online and meal delivery subscribers have access to a variety of support services, including access to registered dietitians, nutritionists, a fitness expert, interactive online information, online communities, articles, message boards and online meetings.
What The Experts Say About eDiets
- Food quality taste and nutrition—eDiet meals were named Epicurious.com’s Top Pick among weight loss meal delivery services for Best Taste and Nutrition. Epicurious.com 2007.
- Web-based fitness support—The 3-D personal trainer feature on eDiets.com that illustrates key exercises with computer-animated segments instead of still pictures propelled eDiets to the top of Forbes Favorite Best of the Web category in diet and nutrition. Forbes.com.
Tips for Success
- The eDiets five-day meal plan is a good choice for those who eat out frequently; meals stay fresh in the refrigerator for up to 10 days after delivery or up to three months in the freezer
- Choose the Convenience Plan if you’re always on the go; the Recipe Plan if you love to cook; or a Combination Plan that includes both
- If you change diet plans, remember that your weekly menu will change to fit your new meal plan as this may affect your grocery shopping for the week
- You can find serving size illustrations in the Serving Size Guide on the eDiets Diet Tools page
- Getting involved in the eDiets online community may be beneficial; studies show that people with support tend to lose weight and keep it off more effectively than those who diet alone
Save Money on eDiets
ShedYourWeight.com continually monitors eDiets promotions to bring you valuable, money saving coupons as soon as they’re available. Offers change and they sometimes expire quickly. Be sure to take advantage of the deals you find here before they’re gone.
Looking to compare diet plans? ShedYourWeight.com is your source for reliable information. We’ve conducted thorough fact-based reviews of the most popular diet plans in the country. Read more diet plan reviews here.