What We Like
- Convenient, easy-to-follow plan does not require calorie or points counting
- Plenty of meal variety—over 130 different food choices with new, chef-inspired creations
- Free, well-developed online tools and membership support
What We Don’t Like
- Transitioning from prepared, portion-controlled meals to your own healthy cooking requires extra effort
- A number of food choices on the Nutrisystem menu (frosted chocolate doughnut, southern-style biscuits and gravy, cinnamon bun, etc.) do not promote healthy “after plan” eating habits
- Nutrisystem reserves the right to substitute similar products if the items you order are not available—this could present a problem for individuals with food allergies
How Nutrisystem Works
Nutrisystem® is a portion-controlled, calorie-controlled meal delivery weight loss program that combines variety, nutrition, hunger control, and convenience designed to produce weight loss results for busy individuals and families. Each meal features a Nutrisystem entrée that you supplement with common grocery items such as fresh fruit, vegetables, salads, protein and dairy items, and healthy fats.
Nutrisystem entrées are color-coded and labeled as breakfast, lunch, dinner or snack/dessert. A personal meal planner is included with every order that outlines all meals and snacks and also serves as a food diary. The planner/diary features 28 daily pages to check off entrees, snacks, desserts and other fresh servings consumed each day.
Included with your first 28-day order is The Mindset Makeover®, an online interactive guide to help you navigate the Nutrisystem program and overcome common diet-related challenges. When you order Nutrisystem, you also gain access to Nutrisystem weight loss counselors and a free online membership to a community website where you can track your progress, join support groups, order food, and chat with weight loss counselors and Registered Dietitians.
What The Experts Say About Nutrisystem
- Cost-effectiveness of Nutrisystem— With no membership fees, free online weight management tools, and support and counseling by trained weight-loss coaches, the Nutrisystem program was named the “Least Expensive Home Delivery Program” by CBS Money Watch in January 2011. Money Watch 2011.
- Nutrisystem D™ for weight loss in diabetics—This study showed that overweight patients with type 2 diabetes experienced significant improvements in weight, glycemic control, and cardiovascular disease risk factors after participating in the Nutrisystem program. Postgrad Med 2009, 121:5.
- Internet tools and downloadable apps help you stay on track—Nutrisystem is included in a review of diet plans with electronic and web-based support to help dieters who are on the go stay on track. WebMD 2011.
- Safety of the Nutrisystem program—Nutrisystem earns a high score for safety, with experts rating it “very safe.” Experts seem confident it poses little risk for the majority of dieters. US News Health 2011.
Tips for Success
- Choose auto-delivery when ordering your food to receive a discount off the month to month program price and free shipping
- If you are diabetic, pre-diabetic, or have high blood sugars, be sure to talk with a Nutrisystem counselor about Nutrisystem D™–a plan that promotes long-term weight loss while helping achieve stable blood glucose levels
- Refer to the Nutrisystem Dining Out Guide included with your food order to help you to make smart choices and limit portion sizes when ordering in a restaurant
- Nutrisystem recommends that you take a multivitamin while on the program; consult your physician or pharmacist for a recommendation
- Exercise will help you lose weight faster while giving you energy and helping your body retain lean muscle
Save Money with a Nutrisystem Discount Code
ShedYourWeight.com continually monitors Nutrisystem promotions to bring you valuable, money saving coupons as soon as they’re available. Offers change and they sometimes expire quickly. Be sure to take advantage of the deals you find here before they’re gone.
Advertising Partner of Nutrisystem
Looking to compare diet plans? ShedYourWeight.com is your source for reliable information. We’ve conducted thorough fact-based reviews of the most popular diet plans in the country. Read more diet plan reviews here. Coupons for December 2014 and January 2015 coming soon!