Vitamin B6 is a water-soluble vitamin that alters in contact with light and volatilize in heat. Pyridoxine is the most common form, the other two being pyridoxamine and pyridoxal.
Recommended daily dose of vitamin B6: 2 mg
Vitamin B6 sources
• Vitamin B6 is found especially in yeast, whole grains, milk, eggs, beef organs, fish, oil fruits (walnuts, peanuts), vegetables, banana, avocado, sprouts.
The health benefits of vitamin B6
• It enables the metabolism of amino acids, proteins, fats, steroids, hemoglobin, transforming glycogen into glucose;
• It prevents disruptions of the nervous system;
• It participates in the proper functioning of the immune system;
• It helps reduce asthma;
• It limits atherosclerosis and some diseases of the myocardium;
• It prevents dandruff.
Useful health tips about vitamin B6
• In conjunction with magnesium, vitamin B6 is effective against kidney stones;
• Vitamin B6 in combination with zinc is used against impotence;
• Pyridoxine takes effect in six weeks;
• Consumption that exceeds 100 mg / day should be supervised by a doctor;
• Drugs that cancel the effect of pyridoxine: antibiotics used during the treatment for tuberculosis, penicillamine taken during treatment against kidney stones, the peripheral nervous system disorders and arthritis
Find out more health benefits of vitamins and minerals.