Are you tormented by constipation? You are not alone. Many have had at least one encounter with the dreaded constipation during their lives. But the good news is that there is a miracle cure: food fibers.
If you get constipated often there are many reasons for it. Here is a short list of the main factors that create constipation:
- -your nutrition doesn’t contain enough dietary fibers that are needed to improve your bowl movements.
- -you eat too much fatty cheeses and meat.
- -the total lack of physical exercise.
- -you don’t drink enough liquids.
- -you have taken to many laxatives.
- -the use of drugs and blood pressure treatments, Parkinson treatments, anti gastric acid pills that contain aluminum and calcium, antiseptics, anti-depressives, or iron supplements can lead to constipation.
- -pregnant women usually get constipated because of the hormonal changes that take place in their body or because of the pressure exerted on the colon.
- -old age brings with it a slower metabolism and slower bowl movements. Your bowls age too.
- -you don’t go to the toilet when you feel the need.
- -suffering of colon or rectal diseases can create constipation
To cure constipation you have to tackle the problem from different sides at the same time:
Eat more food fibers to cure and prevent constipation
As you know food fibers are the indigestible parts of fruits, vegetables and cereals. Even if not all food fibers give your body any nutrients they work miracles when it comes to eliminating the organic residues from your body. They help you get regular bowl movements treating constipation that way.
A high fiber diet , between 20 and 35 grams per day, helps you get rid of constipation. First you should reduce the intake of low fiber foods like ice-cream, cheese, meat and highly processes foods. Eat more often beans, any type of whole grain cereals, fresh fruits and vegetables( especially salad, cabbage, carrots, asparagus).
During the day remember to eat fruits between the meals. For lunch you can eat a soup and for supper you can eat a raw salad with yogurt.
Drink more liquids if you suffer of constipation, especially water
You must drink at least 8 cups or 2 liter of healthy liquids daily. You can drink water, teas and fresh juices.
Movement is a good way to prevent constipation
If you work out regularly then there are slim chances of becoming constipated. Working out doesn’t just improve the cardiovascular, respiratory, muscular and bone activity but it also improves your bowl movements.
Do not abuse the use of laxatives when you are constipated
Laxatives are recommended for long term use if you suffer from chronic constipation and your medic recommended them to you. If you get constipated from time to time don’t take laxatives because they can give you dependence. Then you will have to take them if you like it or not. What a waste of money and time.
Never ignore the need to use the toilet
You must reserve enough daily time for going to the toilet so that when the need comes up you can do it fast. If you resist the urge of going to the toilet that your body is screaming at you your bowl movements will have to suffer on the long run.